Our team has decades of combined experience developing, hosting, and managing WordPress websites. We often work with non-profit organizations, higher education institutions, and law firms to create powerful websites that get their message across and improve user experience. Websites in these verticals typically involve customer engagement and lead generation, for which Salesforce is an industry leader at tracking and managing.
Whether customers come to your website to donate, subscribe to a newsletter or register for an event, you can organize all of that information into Salesforce. Salesforce is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform used for sales, service, marketing and more. Using data gathered by Salesforce, you can determine the best way to engage your customers with content and calls-to-action. Integrating your WordPress site with Salesforce turns your website into a powerful customer knowledge resource and marketing automation tool. Here are a few ways Salesforce and WordPress can work together to directly transfer and organize all your leads into one CRM platform.
Web to Lead Forms + Salesforce
Whether users are filling out a subscription form or a contact form, you can turn those emails into leads by integrating with Salesforce. Common WordPress form builders include WPForms and Gravity Forms. To integrate both of these, you’ll need to first install and activate Zapier. Zapier acts as a bridge from your website’s form to Salesforce.
- In your Zapier account, click the “Make a Zap” button.
- You’ll be asked to indicate a trigger app (either WPForms or Gravity Forms) and an action app, which will be Salesforce.
- Then choose “Create Lead” for Salesforce action. You’ll be prompted to connect your Salesforce account to Zapier.
- Next, choose which data gets sent to Salesforce by connecting each form field to the appropriate Salesforce Field.
- You can now test and update your Salesforce leads.
- Make sure to “turn on your Zap,” whether it’s a zap for Gravity Forms or WPForms. This allows you to automatically send contacts to Salesforce every time a visitor submits a form.
If you don’t use WPForms or Gravity Forms, you can install the Brilliant Web-to-Lead for Salesforce plugin. This plugin will automatically integrate with your Salesforce account and allow you to create a form directly within WordPress. Your form will adhere to your website’s theme, and you won’t have to worry about manually entering any lead information into Salesforce. Configure your desired form settings, and then use shortcode to insert the form onto your website’s pages or into your sidebar.
MailChimp + Salesforce
MailChimp is a common email automation service that allows administrators to create customized newsletters and schedule campaigns. Users can come to your website to subscribe, and a list is compiled within MailChimp. By integrating, you can import Salesforce contacts to a MailChimp list and view the MailChimp campaign data in Salesforce. You can also create Salesforce leads from your MailChimp subscribers. In order to complete this integration, you’ll need the Enterprise edition of Salesforce or higher.
- First, you’ll need to install the MailChimp for Salesforce app in your Salesforce account.
- Then, in Salesforce, click the “App Launcher” drop-down menu and choose “MailChimp for Salesforce.”
- Click the “MC Setup” tab. You’ll be prompted to input your MailChimp login information.
- Now MailChimp is ready to create leads. Here is a step-by-step guide to creating leads.
WooCommerce + Salesforce
You can also use Zapier to connect WooCommerce and Salesforce, or you can install the WordPress WooCommerce Salesforce Connector. This plugin includes bi-directional sync features and will automatically transfer lead information into Salesforce every time an order goes through WooCommerce.
Not only does integrating WordPress with Salesforce keep all of your information organized in one place, it offers marketers a more efficient way to analyze their target audience. You’ll save time with automatic updates to your Salesforce leads while also providing a more engaging user experience. Need assistance with Salesforce integration to your site? Sevaa Group can help!