What is your current role with Sevaa Group? What do you do on a day-to-day basis?
Systems Administrator: Managing our hosting infrastructure.
Remote Support Technician Maintain: Maintain our managed services client’s networks and help when issues arise.
How did you get into the web-hosting field?
Craigslist. I had taken a semester off from school to find a job and was replying to WordPress gigs. I ended up finding Sevaa and started working here shortly after.
What is your favorite part about working at Sevaa?
The team. Everyone at Sevaa is awesome.
Before working at Sevaa, what was the most unusual job you’ve ever had?
I worked at Subway for a little while. That’s probably the most unusual job I’ve had.
What project has been your favorite to work on during your time at Sevaa?
It’s not really a single project, but getting local development set up was pretty fun.
60 seconds with Ryan
- Favorite Movie? I don’t watch many movies, but I’d have to go with Marvel’s The Avengers.
- Favorite Book? The Game is Life, by Terry Schott
- Favorite Quote? “Depresso: The feeling you get when you’ve run out of coffee.”
- Favorite Food? Mac and Cheese
- Coolest Tech gizmo you own? 3D printer
- What’s on your Spotify playlist? When I work, I listen to ESM (Electro Studio Music). Any other time, it’s mainly country.
- Pet Peeve? When people freak out because their phone is “almost dead,” then you look at it and it’s at 60%.
- Hobbies? Photography
- One Word to Describe You? Awesome